10th Annual Holiday Parade of Lights
The Perham Lions Club and Perham Area Chamber of Commerce are sponsoring the 10th Annual Holiday Parade of Lights. The parade will be Friday, November 26, beginning at 5:30 p.m., at St. Paul's Lutheran Church.
Holiday Parade of
1. Entries must be received no later than Friday, November 19, 2010.
2. There is no entry fee to enter a float in the parade.
3. There is no theme for the parade but you are invited to decorate your float with the holiday theme--Christmas in Candy land.
4. We encourage float entries to hand out candy or other holiday items to the crowd; however due to the evening's darkness and possible ice, please do not throw candy from the float.
5. We encourage all float entries to include holiday music.
6. Floats must be lined up and ready to go by 5:00 p.m. at St. Paul's Church, 500 6th Ave SW, so the parade can begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. You will be emailed or mailed a confirmation and directions. You will be given your parade number at check-in. Parade officials will be wearing reflective vests. You may also check the East Otter Tail Focus for the parade route and line-up point.
7. You will be judged on lights, holiday spirit and creativity.
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
1st- Santa's Choice: $300;
2nd- Mrs. Claus Choice: $200;
3rd- Elves' Choice: $100;
4th- Rudolph's Honorable Mention: Holiday wreath.
When lighting your float, please remember that the lights you place on your float are the only lights observers will have to see your float, so remember to over light your float. Use spotlights or other holiday lights to light people and decorations on the float or to light posters and other items. Generally, double the number of lights you think you will need.
Please watch the FOCUS for more information. If you have questions, please call The Perham Area Chamber of Commerce 218-346-7710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Holiday Parade of Lights Committee appreciates your support and involvement. With your help we can continue to make Perham an exciting place to live, work and play all year.