Dodge pickup goes up in flames
A pickup truck went up in flames New Year's Day after its owner left a propane heater inside the cab.
The Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office and first responders were called to 51201 U.S. Highway 59, near the Otter Tail and Becker County line, at about 7 p.m. with a report of a diesel pickup on fire.
The truck's owner, Sean Nordquist of Henning, said he had placed a Mr. Heater propane heater inside the cab - something he had done in the past without problems, according to the sheriff's office. This time, however, he left the truck idling and, when he returned to it, found it engulfed in flames.
Nordquist told the sheriff's office that the 2001 diesel Dodge truck hadn't produced enough heat on its own to make it comfortable.
No injuries were sustained.
Also on the scene were fire and police department personnel from Pelican Rapids.