A home near Battle Lake suffered fire and smoke damage after a Saturday afternoon blaze.
According to a news release from Otter Tail County Sheriff's office, a call came in shortly before 4 p.m. Saturday reporting a fire seven miles north of Battle Lake. The fire started in a small shed that contained a wood stove, but spread to the nearby house.
Members of the Battle Lake and Ottertail fire departments arrived and quickly put out the fire, but the house suffered a significant amount of smoke and fire damage.
Nobody was home at the time of the fire and the incident did not seem to be suspicious.