Fire destroys pole barn, milking house in Battle Lake
A pole barn, milking house, two sheds and other property were destroyed in a fire in Battle Lake late last night.
Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the buildings engulfed in flames. A Case tractor, fishing boat and ATV were also lost in the fire.
A malfunctioning livestock water tank heater is believed to be the cause of the fire, according to the Otter Tail County Sheriff's Department.
Owner of the property is Patrick Hult, 63, of rural Battle Lake.
The fire was reported to the sheriff's department at 12:04 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 7.
Hult was reportedly in his house sleeping and didn't know about the fire until a sheriff's deputy knocked on his door to ensure his safety.
Also at the scene were the Battle Lake Fire Department and Minnesota State Patrol.