Fire destroys pole barn, milking house in Battle Lake
A pole barn, milking house, two sheds and other property were destroyed in a fire in Battle Lake late last night.
Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the buildings engulfed in flames. A Case tractor, fishing boat and ATV were also lost in the fire.
A malfunctioning livestock water tank heater is believed to be the cause of the fire, according to the Otter Tail County Sheriff's Department.
Owner of the property is Patrick Hult, 63, of rural Battle Lake.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.