Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Hitterdal 1-year-old leaves intensive care unit

Email News Alerts
news Perham, 56573
Perham Minnesota 222 2nd Avenue SE 56573

FARGO – A 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy who ate a laundry detergent pod left the pediatric intensive care unit at Sanford Hospital in Fargo on Monday.

Advertisement
Advertisement

According to Alex Rohde’s Caring Bridge website, the boy was doing “much better” on Monday.

“He is currently being moved out of PICU and into a peds room,” his family wrote around noon on Monday.

Rohde still had a slight fever on Monday, but his family wrote on Caring Bridge that doctors said the boy could go home in a few days if he continues to show improvement.

Rhode was flown to the Fargo hospital after swallowing a Tide pod on Sept. 28.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement