A mobile home in Perham was destroyed by a fire Friday morning.
The family inside, including two adults and four children, managed to escape without injury.
According to Perham Fire Chief Mark Schmidt, the call came in around 6 a.m. The fire was at 269 Pine Cone Park, on County Highway 34.
Pipes in the home had frozen, said Schmidt, and homeowner Robert Wasche was using a portable nipco space heater inside the residence to thaw them.
When Wasche noticed that part of the wall had caught fire, he and his family rushed out of the home.
Schmidt said the residence was a total loss and that the family’s pet iguana had died in the fire.
Fire departments from Dent, Vergas and New York Mills also responded to the scene, along with Perham EMS.
Schmidt said assistance from the Salvation Army and Red Cross was expected to arrive later on Friday.
Forum News Service contributed to this report