No injuries in Detroit Lakes house fire
DETROIT LAKES -- No one was injured in a house fire in Detroit Lakes on Tuesday afternoon.
The fire at 1307 Summit Ave. was reported at 2:07 p.m.
According to the Detroit Lakes Police Department, It occurred when James David Gunthorpe, 46, was replacing a furnace for the landlord, Gary Eugene Doele, 56, who was also present during the installation.
Gunthorpe said he was working on the breaker box and saw sparks. He shut down the power and then saw smoke coming from the roof.
The renter was Sarah Rosing, 28, who had family at the scene. An officer also gave her information on assistance available from the Red Cross.