Weather Forecast


Turkey fryer causes Fargo garage fire

Email News Alerts

FARGO -- Flames from an overheated turkey fryer ignited a fire on the roof of a garage Thursday afternoon in a Thanksgiving mishap at a home in south Fargo.


Flames destroyed the roof and door of the garage of a home at 1531 25th Ave. S., causing an estimated $20,000 in damage.

The owner of the home, Ken Schumacher, was heating up the cooker when it flared, Capt. John Speral of the Fargo Fire Department said.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.