Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

UPDATE: Hitterdal 1-year-old who swallowed laundry packet breathing on own

Email

FARGO – The 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy still hospitalized after swallowing part of a laundry detergent packet last week is slowly getting better, family members say.

Alexander Rohde is listed in “critical but improving” condition at Sanford Children’s Hospital in Fargo, where he’s been since the accident Saturday.

His mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, said on Friday morning that doctors removed the ventilator that was helping Alexander breathe.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Robert Williams
Robert is the Sports Editor of Detroit Lakes Newspapers. Williams worked prior in Perham for the Focus, a Forum Communications newspaper, from 2010-14.
(218) 847-3151
Advertisement
Advertisement