Perham council approves gambling permit for Lions Club
The Perham City Council approved a resolution for a gambling permit at its Monday meeting which will allow the Perham Lions to establish gambling at Disgruntled Brewing on Second Street NE.
The premises permit application was submitted by Chief Executive Officer Jennifer Eitel-Holzer. The organization's Gambling Manager is Nick Theroux.
The organization has not previously conducted gambling at the site.
Among the information announcements made by Mayor Tim Meehl was the annual Spring Clean-up Day which is set for Saturday.
In other business, the board gave consent approval to:
• A seal coating project in portions of northeast and southwest Perham by the Public Works Department to begin in June. Public Works Director Merle Meece recommended a quote of $78,898.40 by Morris Sealcoat and Trucking of Morris for the two projects. The city had budgeted $90,000 for the work and Meece pointed out it would allow some funds to do carry out minor patching in the areas being seal coated.
• Yoga in the Park classes at Paul Miller Park June 2 through Aug. 25.
• The use of NP Park by the Ladyslipper Garden Club to host their annual plant sale June 2.
• The use of Arvig Park June 28 for the Average Joe Jr. Biathlon (Biking and Running).
• A 5K Save a Life Fundraiser to benefit the American Heart Association May 26.
• The monthly income statement for the Perham Lakeside Golf Course.
• The Perham Area Community Center's Financial report.
• The City of Perham's Financial reports.