Weather Forecast


Man taken to hospital after Deer Creek house fire

A Deer Creek man was taken to Tri-County Hospital after a fire broke out in his home Friday evening along Highway 210.

Deer Creek and Henning fire departments responded to the home at 58926 Hwy. 210 at around 9 p.m., where an external wood stove caused fire to take over one side of the house, resulting in partial damage to the home, according to the Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office.

Jose Garcia was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.