Weather Forecast


Hitterdal 1-year-old leaves intensive care unit

FARGO – A 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy who ate a laundry detergent pod left the pediatric intensive care unit at Sanford Hospital in Fargo on Monday.

According to Alex Rohde’s Caring Bridge website, the boy was doing “much better” on Monday.

“He is currently being moved out of PICU and into a peds room,” his family wrote around noon on Monday.

Rohde still had a slight fever on Monday, but his family wrote on Caring Bridge that doctors said the boy could go home in a few days if he continues to show improvement.

Rhode was flown to the Fargo hospital after swallowing a Tide pod on Sept. 28.

Forum News Service

The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, including the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin. In addition to breaking and enterprise news, we offer a wide variety of sports, features, business, agriculture, outdoors and opinion content. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.