Perham Health received the 2020 Women's Choice Awards one of America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics. It's an award that they have received for five consecutive years, according to a news release.
Perham Health is one of 428 award recipients for hospitals that have met the highest standards for obstetrics across the U.S. The Women's Choice Award signifies that Perham Health is in the top 17% of 4,982 U.S. hospitals offering obstetrics, according to the release.
The Women's Choice Award is a trust referral source, empowering women to make smart health care choices by identifying the county's best healthcare institution base on robust criteria that consider female patient satisfaction and clinical excellence.
America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics distinction is based on the following criteria:
- The percentage of patients reporting through the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey recommending the hospital.
- Patient safety ranking based on 11 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' measures of infection and complication rates
- Low rate of early elective deliveries (between 0-1%).
- Baby-Friendly USA designations, a World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) initiative to support best practices for breastfeeding education and counseling.
- Level III and Level IV neonatal intensive care designations to provide comprehensive care for the most complex and critically ill newborns.
For more information on America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics visit womenschoiceaward.com/womens/public/best-hospitals.