Persons without teaching certification have an opportunity to become employed as a substitute teacher. A limited short-call teacher license is available for persons who hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and can comply with the standard requirements of the Minnesota Department of Education. If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher, a program through Lakes Country Service Cooperative in Fergus Falls is available to assist you. A two-day workshop is scheduled for Oc. 18 - 19, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Lakes Country Service Cooperative. You would be provided assistance in completing the state forms and receive training in the basics of substitute teaching. The cost for this training is $165. Requirements for applying for this license include:
• Limited license application form that has been duly completed, signed and dated by both the applicant and the requesting district's superintendent.
• Conduct Review Form accurately completed, signed, and dated by applicant.
• Original transcripts in a college/university sealed envelope.
• One Minnesota Department of Education fingerprint card.
• An online payment in the amount of approximately $94.00 (for fingerprint card, background check and application fee) payable to the "Minnesota Department of Education."
To register for this workshop or for more information, please visit our website at www.lcsc.org. If you have questions, please call Jolene King at Lakes Country Service Cooperative (218) 739-6521. Advance registration is required for this workshop.