Free tax help available at Perham New Creation church
The service is a drop-off style on Wednesdays this year.
Free tax help is available in Perham for taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention for people 60 years old and older.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, people will drop off the paperwork. An American Association of Retired Persons tax aide will prepare your 2020 taxes and ask you to return one to two weeks later to review, sign and e-file your tax return.
People can drop off the paperwork on Wednesdays through April 14 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at New Creation Lutheran Church, 295 Coney St. W, Perham.
Here are the items to bring:
- Current year tax forms and preparation booklet;
- Copy of last year's income tax return(s);
- W-2 forms from each employer;
- Unemployment compensation statements;
- SSA-1099 forms if paid Social Security benefits;
- All 1099 forms showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets;
- 1099-misc showing any miscellaneous income;
- 1009-R form if received pension or annuity;
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid;
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number);
- All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions;
- Social Security or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents.
Please also bring a copy of your 2019 tax return to ensure you have received the correct amount from the two federal stimulus checks.
The tax aide sites in New York Mills and Wadena are closed for the season.