Perham Rotary donates $50,000 to Starfish relief fund
The Perham Rotary Club has donated $50,000 to the Starfish Fund to help local businesses and individuals during the COVID-19 crisis. The club voted unanimously to approve the donation Wednesday, April 8.
Of that, $25,000 will go to the Starfish Fund to help local businesses in Perham deal with the COVID-19 crisis. The other $25,000 will go to individuals and families whose lives have been disrupted by the crisis.
The funds to individuals and families will be distributed in $500 increments to those who are trying got pay their bills during these hard times. Rotarians are submitting the names of those who need this help and have set parameters so that the donations will be confidential. Those who need this help should contact a Perham Rotarian.
Deadline is today
The Starfish Emergency Grant period closes today, Thursday, April 9.
The grant is intended for businesses who were directly affected by the pandemic resulting in reduced revenue. Grant amounts will be determined based off the number of applicants, available funding and a scoring matrix, according to a news release.
- Applicant must be the business owner.
- Businesses impacted from COVID-19, executive orders may apply.
- W-9 form must be provided.
- Funding is not transferrable and other restrictions may apply.
- Applicant’s business must have a commercial address. Home-based businesses are not eligible.
- Nonprofits are not eligible.
For more information, contact Kevin Keil at 218-346-8084 or email@example.com.