Lake Region Arts Council opened its first grant round. The Artist Quick Start Grant will award $750 to six individuals living in the LRAC region which includes Becker, Clay, Douglas, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens,Traverse, Wilkin and Clay counties.
The goal of the grant is to assist artists in all disciplines to further their artistic growth, according to a news release. It will cover workshop fees, supplies, equipment, services, mentoring, rental and other arts related expenses. Travel and study may take place outside of Minnesota.
To learn more about the grant application, check out the LRAC4.org website under Grants. There you'll find the guidelines, tips sheets and grant writing webinars.
What is needed for the grant application?
• First, figure out what you would like to do and how you would spend the money.
• Second, create a detailed budget to determine the expenses.
• Third, describe how this grant would help move you forward artistically.
• Fourth, provide an artistic resume or biography of yourself as an artistic person
• Fifth, provide work samples demonstrating your artistic work.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. Aug. 6. Go to the LRAC4.org website and click on the "apply" button.
For more information contact grant manager Betsy Ostenson at 218-739-5780 or LRAC4@LRACgrants.org. LRAC is in the River Inn, 133 S. Mill St., Fergus Falls.