There are resources available in Otter Tail County for those residents who are dealing with stress, fear and anxiety of the COVID-19 outbreak, according to a county news release.
People who may respond more strongly to the stress of a crisis include:
- Older people and people with chronic diseases who are at higher risk for COVID-19;
- Children and teens;
- People who are helping with the response to COVID-19, such as doctors and other health care providers or first responders;
- People who have mental health conditions including problems with substance use.
Stress during an infectious disease outbreak can include:
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones;
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns;
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating;
- Worsening of chronic health problems;
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
Otter Tail County and regional supports available
- 888-223-4512: Mobile Mental Health Crisis Response
- 844-739-6369: MN Warmline Peer Support Connection
Therapy and counseling:
- 218-998-2575: Birchwood Psychological Center
- 218-736-3035: Darveaux Psychological Services
- 218-739-8761: Gwen Brutlag, Licensed Psychologist
- 218-442-6131: Integrity Counseling
- 218-736-6987: Lakeland Mental Health Center
- 218-736-5431: Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
- 218-998-3123: Lysne Consulting & Counseling
- 844-697-8766: Nystrom & Associates
- 218-731-8896: Peaceful Mind Mental Health
- 218-998-2992: Solutions Behavioral Health
- 218-338-5917: St. William’s Mental Health
- 218-998-3123: The Blue Lotus Counseling
- 800-627-8220: The Village Family Service Center
- 218-347-4500: Perham Health
- 218-736-8208: Lake Region Hospital Bridgeway Unit
- 701-476-7200: Prairie St. John’s
- 701-772-2500: Red River Behavioral Health
- 701-280-4140: Sanford Health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness online support groups: namimn.org/support/
- Alcoholics Anonymous online support group: aa-intergroup.org
- Freedom Resource Center for Independent Living: 218-998-1799
- Clay County Detox: 218-299-5171
- Someplace Safe: 218-739-2853 firstname.lastname@example.org
For COVID-19 health-related questions, call the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at 1-800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.