Otter Tail County is showing 19 reported positive COVID-19 cases, according to the Tuesday, May 5, update on the Minnesota Department of Health county-level map.
"Confirmed cases in Minnesota continue to be on the rise, and this is true for Otter Tail County," Otter Tail County Public Health Director Jody Lien said in a statement Friday, when the number stood at 14. "With known community spread of the virus and increased testing, we anticipate our numbers will continue to increase. The more testing is done, the more positives we will see. Those with symptoms should reach out to their health care provider about testing. "
People are asked to continue preventative measures such as washing their hands, covering coughs and sneezes, staying home if you are sick, and using cloth face coverings when out in public, Lien said.
The other area cases include:
- Otter Tail County's first confirmed case was reported March 29. That patient did have recent international travel, according to a county news release at the time.
- The county's second confirmed case was reported on April 5.
- One of the cases was announced April 9 on the Minnesota Department of Health website. That same day, Shearer's Foods confirmed that an employee in its Perham manufacturing location had tested positive for COVID-19
The county's fourth confirmed case was reported Saturday, April 11, by the Minnesota Department of Health.
A fifth lab-confirmed case was reported Friday, April 17.
A sixth case was noted Sunday, April 19, on the Minnesota Department of Health website.
Two more cases, seven and eight, were reported Saturday, April 25.
The ninth case was reported April 30.
Five more cases of COVID-19 were reported May 1, on the Minnesota Department of Health county-level map, bringing the county total to 14 cases.
The 15th, 16th and 17th positive COVID-19 cases were reported May 2 on the Minnesota Department of Health county-level map.
No. 18 was reported May 4 on the Minnesota Department of Health county-level map.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- School and child care hotline: 651-297-1304 or 800-657-3504
COVID-19 discrimination hotline: 833-454-0148
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.