Perham Health has performed 90 tests since opening drive-thru
Perham Health has performed 90 tests since drive-thru COVID-19 testing was set up several week ago, Sue Von Ruden, Perham Health's Community Relations Director, said in a Monday, April 20, email to the Focus.
"Patients call their normal provider, let them know they suspect they may have COVID-19. They are screened by an RN to see if they meet the testing criteria set by the Minnesota Department of Health," Von Ruden said.
Patients are given an appointment time and instruction on how to proceed through the drive-thru testing, Von Ruden said.
"When this first started, the Minnesota Department of Health criteria was very limited due to testing availability," Von Ruden said. "However, with better availability of supplies and testing capabilities, the criteria has been greatly expanded. Most people with symptoms can now get tested. So far our volumes are small."
As of April 20, the Minnesota Department of Health reports six confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Otter Tail County. The state is not releasing the city of residents for patients, but Shearer's Foods confirmed April 9 that an employee in its Perham manufacturing location tested positive for COVID-19.
- Otter Tail County's first confirmed case was reported March 29. That patient did have recent international travel, according to a county news release at the time.
- The county's second confirmed case was reported on April 5.
- One of the five cases was announced April 9 on the Minnesota Department of Health website. That same day, Shearer's Foods confirmed that an employee in its Perham manufacturing location had tested positive for COVID-19
- The county's fourth confirmed case was reported Saturday, April 11, by the Minnesota Department of Health.
- A fifth lab-confirmed case was reported Friday, April 17.
- A sixth case was noted Sunday, April 19, on the Minnesota Department of Health website .
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- School and child care hotline: 651-297-1304 or 800-657-3504
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.