20 teams raising funds for July 12 event
June is "Relay Season." The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of East Otter Tail is a month away. Also, many other Relay For Life fundraisers and activities are taking place now.
Twenty teams from various parts of East Otter Tail County are gearing up and making a strong push to raise funds for their teams. These teams are competitive and strongly motivated, some with goals of raising $10,000 to $15,000 as a team. This motivation is shared by the East Otter Tail Relay leadership team, which is optimistic that the Relay will raise at least $130,000 to help the American Cancer Society with its mission to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight to a world without cancer.
The leadership team is also hopeful that the public will come out to the Relay event and show its support of EOT cancer survivors on Friday, July 12, at the Perham High School track, starting at 5:30 p.m. and going all night. There is no charge for the event, and there are activities for all ages.
In the upcoming weeks, activities have been organized to help support the fundraising efforts of the East Otter Tail Relay teams. These events include:
• KLN Cook Out: Wednesday, June 12, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Tuffy's.
• Relay Fundraiser at Pizza Ranch: Monday, June 17, 5-8 p.m.
• Brewing for a Cure event at Disgruntled Brewery: Thursday, June 20, 5-9 p.m.
• Calvary Lutheran Relay For Life Breakfast: Calvary, Perham, Sunday, June 23, 8 a.m. to noon.
• Sale of pink tickets for pink ceramic grill: available from many teams. Grill displayed at United Community Bank and awarded at the Relay For Life on July 12.
In addition, Relay participants and local businesses will be "painting the town purple" in Perham, New York Mills and Vergas the week of the Relay For Life, starting about July 5. All local businesses and homeowners are encouraged to decorate with purple in anticipation of the upcoming Relay For Life.
Relay week begins with Bank Night for Team Captains, continues with the EOT Survivors Dinner on Thursday, July 11, at Perham Lakeside, and culminates with the Relay For Life of East Otter Tail on Friday, July 12, at the Perham High School track. For more information contact Lisa Peterson at 218-346-4747.