The Relay For Life of East Otter Tail begins Friday, July 12, at the Perham High School track. Activities begin at 5:30 p.m., and the Opening Ceremony featuring the Survivors' Lap begins at 7 p.m. There is no admission fee, and attendees can arrive any time throughout the night:
• 5:30 p.m.: Activities begin: Silent auction, massages, concessions, wacky hair, bouncy house, face painting, food and activities at team campsites, education activities, advocacy tent.
• 7 p.m.: Opening ceremony featuring Survivors Lap.
• 7:45-9 p.m.: Activities continue.
• 9:15 p.m.: Luminaria Ceremony. Honorary co-chairwomen Laurie Bach and Lora Rogers speak; luminaries are lit.
• Midnight-5 a.m.: Middle of the Night activities, on the hour.
• 6 a.m.: Cleanup begins, followed by closing ceremony early Saturday, July 13, morning.
Twenty-one teams are raising funds for this event, to meet or exceed the 2019 Relay goal of $130,000. These teams include Arvig, Calvary Lutheran,Country Financial, Dream Team of New York Mills, Got Hope?, Jean's the Right Plant Place, KLN, LIFE, Mark's Fleet Supply, PACC, Peggy's Crew, Perham Health & Living, Perham Cross Country, PHS Class of '80, Perham Schools, Ren's Team, St. Lawrence Saints, Team Honer, Thrifty White Pharmacy, United Community Bank, Vergas Looneys.