Icy roadways resulted in several vehicles leaving the roads and entering ditches throughout Otter Tail County Jan. 15 and 16.
One two-vehicle accident east of Elizabeth, at 1:58 p.m. on Jan. 15, had no injuries.
Single-vehicle off-the-road accidents took place Jan. 15:
- south of Fergus Falls, at the intersection of Highways 59 and 82;
- near the west side of Otter Tail Lake, along Highway 83;
- on the southwest side of Otter Tail Lake, at the intersection of Highways 72 and 78;
- along Highway 210 near Clitherall;
- northeast of Battle Lake near the intersection of Highway 16 and Beauty Shore Drive;
- northeast of Fergus Falls near the intersection of Highways 10 and 1;
- north of Underwood at the intersection of Highway 35 and Pleasant Lake Road;
- north of Fergus Falls on Highway 111
- and northeast of Fergus Falls at the intersection of Highway 18 and Aurdal River Road.
More single-vehicle off-the-road accidents took place on icy roads Jan. 16 northwest of Vergas, at the intersection of Highway 17 and Ida Loop; on Highway 19 north of Bluffton and at the intersection of Highway 75 and Leaf River Road, east of Bluffton.
During icy conditions, drivers are urged to slow down. That’s the best way to prevent accidents. Go easy on your brakes. Brake application is a common trigger of slides that results in a loss of vehicle control.