Seven athletes and the Spartan women's basketball team have received academic recognition from the National Junior College Athletic Association for the 2018-19 academic year.
The women's basketball team was recognized as an Academic Team of the Year for its team grade point average of 3.18. This award is presented to the teams with the highest GPAs in each sport.
Earning individual NJCAA recognition were:
• Devin Bush (Fargo), All-Academic Third Team, baseball
• Sydney Hovland (Underwood), All-Academic Third Team, basketball and volleyball
• Austin Koep (Parkers Prairie), All-Academic Second Team, baseball
• William Magnusson (Park River, N.D.), All-Academic Third Team, baseball
• Corina Mark (Dalton), All-Academic First Team, volleyball
• Amanda Nelson (Fergus Falls), All-Academic Third Team, basketball
• Ashlee Rimpila (New York Mills), All-Academic Third Team, basketball and softball
Qualifying GPAs for each honor are: First Team, 4.00 GPA; Second Team, 3.80-3.99 GPA; and Third Team, 3.60-3.79 GPA. Teams must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 in order to qualify for a team award.