Bemidji State University
Three Perham students received scholarships from Bemidji State University Alumni & Foundation at Bemidji State:
- Gage Paurus, junior, business administration, Michael and Tracy Roberge Scholarship.
- Matthew Siira, senior, accounting and business administration, Deloitte and Touche Scholarship.
- Zack Tellinghuisen, junior, accounting and business administration, Joe Kocinski Accounting Scholarship.
Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship
Four area students were recently awarded a $1,000 Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship from the Tri-County Health Care Foundation:
- Jeanne Brandvold, Perham, in her second year of the Master of Science in Nursing Leadership and Management program at Western Governors University.
- Brooke Rehm, Henning, is in her second year of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of North Dakota.
- Brett Brockpahler, Sebeka, is in her third year of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of Jamestown.
- Jennifer Stifter, Menahga, is in her second year of the pharmacy program at North Dakota State University College of Health Professions.
The Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of Jim Lawson, administrator of Tri-County Hospital from 1980 to 1995. The purpose is to encourage and promote qualified individuals from the hospital’s service area to pursue an advanced or graduate level health care career. The scholarship is awarded annually to one student who meets the advanced qualifications.