All five Otter Tail County commissioners file for reelection; state and county candidate filing ends May 31
All five Otter Tail County Commissioners have filed for reelection with the Minnesota Secretary of State's Office and will be on the ballot this November.
PERHAM — All five county commissioner districts in Otter Tail County will be on the ballot this November, and all five incumbent commissioners have filed for reelection to defend their seats as of May 19, according to the Minnesota Secretary of State's website.
With a more than 5% change to each of Otter Tail County's commissioner district maps, adapted in April 2020 , the current commissioners were forced to run for reelection in their newly formed districts.
Election day will be held Nov. 8, a county news released stated. Adding, candidate filing for county commissioner, county sheriff, county attorney and soil and water conservation districts began May 17 and will end on Tuesday, May 31 at 5 p.m.
Otter Tail County candidates who have filed to run in the November election, as of May 19:
- County Commissioner - District 1: Dan Bucholz (incumbent); District 2: Wayne Donald Johnson (incumbent); District 3: Kurt A. Mortenson (incumbent); District 4: Betty Murphy (incumbent); District 5: Lee Rogness (incumbent)
- County Attorney - Michelle Marie Eldien (incumbent)
- Soil and Water Supervisor - District 2 (east): Wayne Enger (incumbent); District 2 (west): Richard E. Drevlow (incumbent)
Candidates who have filed to run for the state legislature in the November election, as of May 19:
- Senate District 9 - Cornel Walker, DFL
- House District 9B - Tom Murphy, R ; Jason Satter, DFL
The candidate filing period for municipal and school board elections opens on Aug. 2 and ends Aug. 16.
For information on Minnesota candidate filings, check out the Minnesota Secretary of State's website . For information on Otter Tail County elections, visit the county's election 2022 website .