Crime and fire report: Oct. 31-Nov. 6
Bicyclist allegedly ignores traffic sign, struck by one-ton pickup
We are part of The Trust Project.
Monday, Oct. 31
- 3:44 p.m., Assisted the Perham Fire Department.
Tuesday, Nov. 1
- 12:15 p.m., One-ton pickup was heading southbound and reached the intersection of W Coney St. and SE Third Ave. when the vehicle struck a bicyclist. According to witnesses, the 37-year-old female on the bicycle ignored a traffic signal and the pickup driver, a 55-year-old man, struck the bicyclist. The woman was taken to a Fargo hospital after sustaining potentially life-threatening injuries.
- 4:10 p.m., Unlock service was unavailable; vehicle was unlocked.
Wednesday, Nov. 2
- 12:58 a.m., Perham resident reported a dog was taken from a residence; dog was found and returned.
Thursday, Nov. 3
- 6:26 p.m., Responded to a Perham residence for a disturbance; all was OK.
- 9:43 p.m., Responded to a report of suspicious activity; all was OK.
Friday, Nov. 4
- 6:45 a.m., Issued a car kill deer permit.
- 10:03 a.m., Issued a car kill deer permit.
- 12:47 p.m., Perham resident reported hit and run accident at the intersection of N First Ave/E Main St.; no injuries.
- 12:47 p.m., Responded to a Perham residence for a disturbance; all was OK.
- 6:12 p.m., Assisted Perham resident with a documenting child custody issue.
- 11:22 p.m., Issued a verbal warning for a stop sign violation.
Saturday, Nov. 5
- 8:56 a.m., Assisted Perham resident with cellphone issues.
- 10:07 a.m., Responded to a Perham residence for a disturbance; all was OK.
- 12:28 p.m., Assisted a Perham resident with a property exchange.
- 2:31 p.m., Business reported a gas drive-off.
- 4:40 p.m., Referred a caller to the appropriate agency.
- 6:24 p.m., Responded to a Perham residence for 911 hangup call; all was OK.
Sunday, Nov. 6
- 7:09 p.m., Responded to a report of possible domestic assault.
A trailer home in rural Hewitt was determined to be a "total loss" following a Dec. 8 fire, according to an Otter Tail Sheriff's Office news release.
The Perham Education Association President Ryan Hendrickson recently announced that Perham High School’s Becky Butenhoff is the 2022-23 Teacher of the Year.
The Greater Minnesota Regional Parks and Trails Commission recently completed its application review process and chose Phelps Mill County Park and 13 other parks and trails around the state for