Perham crime and fire report: July 4-10
Wallets found at businesses, citations issued for speeding and other reports from the Perham Police Department
We are part of The Trust Project.
Monday, July 4
- 12:38 a.m., Verbal warning issued to a driver for not having a license plate light.
- 12:16 p.m., Verbal warning issued for speeding.
- 5:24 p.m., Assisted a resident with a stand-by for a family mediation.
- 6:13 p.m., Minor car crash between two vehicles in a private parking lot.
- 6:16 p.m., Dog-at-large was transported to Lakeland Vet Hospital.
- 11:24 p.m., Verbal warning issued to a driver for not having a license plate light.
- 11:46 p.m., Citation was issued for expired registration.
Tuesday, July 5
- 1:17 a.m., Verbal warning issued for speeding.
- 1:45 a.m., Verbal warning issued for an expired drivers license.
- 2:25 a.m., Social media scam was reported by a caller.
- 9:40 a.m., Gas drive off was reported at a business.
- 9:44 a.m., Responded to residence for disturbance; all was OK.
- 10:16 a.m., Wallet was found at a business. It was returned to its owner.
- 11:32 a.m., Wallet was found at a business. It was returned to its owner.
- 2:08 p.m., Dog was in an unattended vehicle.
- 6:36 p.m., Welfare check on a resident was requested. All was OK.
Wednesday, July 6
- 10:33 a.m., Verbal warning was issued for a stop sign violation.
- 5:17 p.m., Semi driver was reportedly cleaning out a trailer of potatoes.
- 5:53 p.m., Referred a caller to the appropriate agency to address their concern.
- 8:18 p.m., Vehicle was reportedly driving erratically. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
Thursday, July 7
- 5:08 a.m., Walk-through was requested by a business for an unsecured building.
- 12:56 p.m., Verbal warning was issued for displaying expired tabs. The vehicle registration was current.
- 1:49 p.m., Disturbance was reported at a residence. All was OK.
- 4:01 p.m., Citation was issued for using a cell phone while driving.
- 5:05 p.m., Citation was issued for speeding.
- 5:18 p.m., Citation was issued for speeding.
- 5:29 p.m., Verbal warning was issued for speeding.
Friday, July 8
- 12:52 a.m., Harassment was reported via a mobile device.
- 7:51 a.m., Responded to a business for an alarm. It was a false alarm.
- 1:51 p.m., Adult male was arrested on a warrant in Otter Tail County.
- 4:00 p.m., Verbal warning was issued for having purple headlights.
- 5:34 p.m., Escort was provided for a funeral procession.
- 5:40 p.m., Assisted a business with positioning of security cameras.
- 7:12 p.m., Gas drive-off was reported at a business.
- 8:43 p.m., Assisted Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office with a traffic stop
- 10:42 p.m., Verbal warning was issued for an expired registration.
Saturday, July 9
- 12:02 p.m., Escort was provided for a funeral procession.
- 2:58 p.m., Personal property of a resident was found.
- 5:25 p.m., Possible violation of harassment restraining order was reported by a resident.
Sunday, July 10
- 3:26 a.m., Assault was reported. The victim was unwilling to provide information on the assault.
- 10:04 a.m., Suspicious activity was reported. All was OK.
- 12:14 p.m., Stop sign violation was issued.
- 5:21 p.m., Verbal warning was issued for speeding.
- 7:34 p.m., Hit and run on Northeast Third Avenue resulted in property damage.
- 8:15 p.m., Separate call on a hit and run on Northeast Third Avenue that resulted in property damage.
- 10:51 p.m., Verbal warning was issued for improper driving conduct.
Sarah Barbero, Mona Schuette, Luana Bermudez and Debora Porcelluzzi found friendship in the halls of Perham High School.
Free land offered to bring at about 35 jobs to neighboring community
The smart students behind Perham's Knowledge Bowl are making a splash and hope to go to state this year.