Perham crime and fire report: June 13-19
Vehicle strikes pedestrian, officer helps dog return home and other reports form the Perham Police Department
We are part of The Trust Project.
Monday, June 13
- 7:06 a.m., Disturbance was reported at a residence; all was OK.
Tuesday, June 14
- 9:19 a.m., Assisted residents with a property exchange.
- 10:03 a.m., Violation issued to a resident who had a dog-at-large.
- 1:53 p.m., Traffic control was provided for a funeral procession.
- 3:48 p.m., Civil dispute over hours worked and paid was reported.
- 4:45 p.m., Personal property was reported missing by a resident.
- 7:09 p.m., Complaint was taken regarding a semi truck that was parked on NE Third Avenue.
Wednesday, June 15
- 11:26 a.m., Provided assistance for an out-of-control child.
- 4:29 p.m., Verbal warning issued for a dog-at-large.
- 5:55 p.m., Vehicle was parked on private property. A report was taken.
- 7:34 p.m., Responded to a call regarding suspicious activity; all was OK.
Thursday, June 16
- 1:36 a.m., Assisted Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office with a burglary alarm.
- 12:55 p.m., A two-vehicle crash was reported on SW Eighth Avenue and SW Second Street; no injuries.
- 2:56 p.m., Unlawful deposit of garbage was reported by a business.
- 9:23 p.m., Assisted securing a carseat in a vehicle.
Friday, June 17
- 9:46 a.m., Vehicle stopped in the middle of the road at N First Avenue and NE Third Street; all was OK.
- 5:48 p.m., Vehicle versus pedestrian at SE Second Avenue/SE Second Street.
- 9:21 p.m., Personal property was found in a private parking lot. The property was returned to the owner.
- 11:15 p.m., Verbal warning was issued to a driver who was operating a vehicle with an expired registration.
- 11:32 p.m., Verbal warning was issued to a driver who was crossing over the fog line.
- 11:32 p.m., Observed an open door at a business; cleared and secured the building.
Saturday, June 18
- 12:35 a.m., Observed suspicious activity at Perham business; all was OK.
- 1:47 a.m., Verbal warning was issued for driving conduct.
- 1:13 p.m., Verbal warning was issued for speed.
- 3:46 p.m., Assisted party with disabled vehicle.
- 5:39 p.m., Dog was found and the owner notified; dog was returned to its owner.
- 11:37 p.m., Tractor trailer damaged a crossing arm while crossing tracks; BNSF was notified.
Sunday, June 19
- 12:39 a.m., Welfare check was requested. Adult male was transported for evaluation.
- 10:13 a.m., Responded to a call of suspicious activity; all was OK.
- 1:24 p.m., Theft of personal property was reported.
- 8:26 p.m., Welfare check was requested; all was OK.
- 9:17 p.m., Business reported confiscating fake ID.
- 9:21 p.m., Disturbance reported at a residence; parties involved were separated.
Thank you for placing a marker at St. Stan’s honoring Michael Murphy and all veterans lying nearby in unmarked graves.
“We have critical systems,” said Chief Deputy Shane Richard. “When we have a failure, we need someone with the knowledge of our systems here, someone who can basically spring into action and fix the issues.”
Miss Perham is crowned, Turtle Fest is a hit, and other top headlines from Perham's past.