Perham crime and fire report: May 23-29
Vehicle determined not to be stolen, but towed, reckless driving reported near school and more from the Perham City Police Department.
We are part of The Trust Project.
Monday, May 23
- 8:38 a.m., Verbal warning issued for speeding.
- 11:45 a.m., Verbal warning issued for speeding.
- 3:26 p.m., Perham business reported a theft of merchandise.
- 4:20 p.m., Adult male arrested on a Wadena County warrant.
- 9:53 p.m., Officer responded to a report of suspicious activity; all OK.
Tuesday, May 24
- 12:25 a.m., Verbal warning issued for no plate lights and no turn signal.
- 12:05 p.m., Perham property owner reported squatters were on private property.
- 2:01 p.m., Perham resident reported a vehicle had been stolen. Later it was determined the vehicle was legally towed off of private property.
- 2:15 p.m., Welfare check on Perham resident; all OK.
- 4:27 p.m., Perham business reported theft of merchandise.
- 7:56 p.m., Verbal warning issued for tint on front window.
- 8:18 p.m., Verbal warning issued for speed.
Wednesday, May 25
- 4:59 a.m., Responded to a private parking lot to investigate a disturbance; parties were gone when the officer arrived.
- 4:52 p.m., Possible intoxicated driver; unable to locate.
- 5:22 p.m., Assisted Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office with traffic stop and vehicle search.
Thursday, May 26
- 2:17 a.m., Assisted with guiding cattle on a county highway back into fenced area.
- 8:14 a.m., Issued verbal warning for driving conduct and directed drivers to leave a private parking lot.
- 10:54 a.m., Report of a bike chained to a city street sign.
- 11 a.m., Report of two dogs left unattended in vehicle; all OK.
- 11:06 a.m., Report of several trucks driving recklessly on school property, tearing up lawn and damaging trees.
- 3:02 p.m., Pull station activated at Perham High School; false alarm.
- 5:49 p.m., Perham resident reported possible violation of harassment restraining order.
Friday, May 27
- 5:46 a.m., Welfare check on adult woman sitting on walking path; all OK.
- 4:27 p.m., Caller reported unauthorized use of their debit card.
- 4:49 p.m., Perham resident reported vandalism to private property.
- 8:13 p.m., Dog-at-large was transported to Lakeland Vet.
Saturday, May 28
- 7:13 p.m., Perham resident requested assistance with a domestic disturbance.
- 8:16 p.m., Adult male arrested for domestic assault.
- 10:06 p.m., Responded to a report of ATV driving in residential neighborhood; unable to locate.
Sunday, May 29
- 1:36 a.m., Responded to Perham business for civil dispute.
- 2:52 a.m., Perham resident reported suspicious activity; all OK.
- 9:23 a.m., Perham resident reported theft of personal property.
- 1:10 p.m., Responded to Perham residence for a disturbance; all OK.
- 2:06 p.m., Perham business reported an accidental gas drive-off; customer returned to pay.
- 9:39 p.m., Stopped a known resident with a suspended driver license who was operating a vehicle; vehicle towed.
Minnesota Diversified Services, LLC, of Park Rapids was incorrectly identified as the subcontractor in a front page Jan. 28 story. That business has nothing to do with the tree removal on Highway 34.
A night of glamour: DL Jaycees to host 'red carpet' stagette on Feb. 4; online tickets available until Friday
The Detroit Lakes Jaycees will be hosting a "red carpet" stagette at the Historic Holmes Theatre on Feb. 4. This will be the Jaycees first event in the elegantly remodeled ballroom at the Holmes.
The Detroit Lakes City Council acted in part to meet a Jan. 31 deadline and keep its options open, and local voters must approve the new tax.