Perham Police reports: May 2-8
Power cable on walking path, two trespassed from a business, pets at large and more reports from the Perham Police Department
Monday, May 2
- 12:50 p.m., Trespassing reported; alleged trespasser was gone prior to an officer’s arrival.
Wednesday, May 4
- 6:34 a.m., Disturbance reported at Perham residence; all OK.
- 5:01 p.m., Disturbance at Perham residence; parties separated.
- 6:07 p.m., Complaint of dog at large in residential neighborhood; owner of the pet issued verbal warning.
Thursday, May 5
- 8:19 a.m., Attempted to locate an individual with a warrant. The suspect was not at the residence.
- 3:29 p.m., Animal complaint regarding two dogs at large in residential neighborhood; pet owner issued verbal warning.
- 4:57 p.m., Officer provided assistance with child protection services during a home visit.
Friday, May 6
- 7:29 a.m., Traffic warning issued for loud exhaust.
- 7:34 a.m., Citation issued for exhibition driving and careless driving.
- 11:11 a.m., Citation issued for speeding.
- 1:28 p.m., Perham business reported a vehicle was abandoned on private property.
- 6:14 p.m., Perham resident requested assistance in removing an unwanted party. A trespass warning was given.
Saturday, May 7
- 2:09 a.m., Disturbance reported at Perham business. Two adult males were issued trespass warnings.
- 2:40 p.m., Officer issued a verbal warning for speed and for not stopping at a stop sign.
- 4:21 p.m., Officer assisted a person with changing a tire on a vehicle.
- 5:54 p.m., Caller requested a welfare check on a Perham resident; all OK.
- 7:26 p.m., Traffic warning issued for failing to properly stop at a stop sign.
- 8:05 p.m., Report of a portion of power cable hanging onto a walking path. Otter Tail Power Company was notified.
- 2:22 a.m., Officer observed a suspicious vehicle in a private parking lot; all OK.
Sunday, May 8
- 9:04 a.m., Officer generated report for child custody exchange dispute.
- 10:33 a.m., Officer assisted Perham resident with retrieving personal property from an ex-boyfriend.
- 5:50 p.m., Perham business reported theft of donated goods.
- 8:25 p.m., Officer issued a verbal warning to a driver for not having lights and for a stop light violation.
The administration is bringing back an Obama-era decision, later reversed by Trump, that bans new mineral leases on 225,500 acres of the Superior National Forest for the next two decades.
"The project is ill conceived, unjustified, goes totally against the will of the community and is doing significant damage,” Willis Mattison said in an interview.