Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, as of Monday, March 8.
- Becker: 3,155, up 4 cases since March 7 (43 deaths).
- Clay (Moorhead): 6,966, up 3 cases since March 7 (87 deaths).
- Clearwater: 720, no new cases since March 7 (14 deaths).
- Hubbard: 1,608, no new cases since March 7 (41 deaths).
Mahnomen: 443, no new cases since March 7 (7 deaths).
- Norman: 481, up 1 case since March 7 (8 deaths).
- Otter Tail: 4,880, up 9 cases since March 7 (70 deaths).
- Wadena: 1,318, up 2 cases since March 7 (20 deaths).
In Otter Tail County as of March 8, there were 64 active cases, an increase of 9 active cases since Friday, with 4,816 cases no longer contagious, according to Otter Tail County Public Health.
In Becker County as of March 8, there were 51 active cases, a decrease of 2 active cases since Friday, with 3,104 cases no longer contagious, according to Becker County Public Health.
In Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) as of March 8, there were 123 active cases, according to the North Dakota Health Department. There have been 21,511 cases reported in Cass County since the pandemic began, including 196 deaths.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.