Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, as of Wednesday, May 12.
- Becker: 3,793, up 5 cases since May 11 (50 deaths).
- Clay (Moorhead): 8,141, up 14 cases since May 11 (92 deaths).
Otter Tail: 5,736, up 7 cases since May 11 (78 deaths).
- Hubbard: 1,878, up 7 cases since May 11 (41 deaths).
Norman: 539, no new cases since May 11 (9 deaths).
Mahnomen: 545, no new cases since May 11 (9 deaths).
Clearwater: 866, up 2 cases since May 11 (16 deaths).
- Wadena: 1,557, up 6 cases since May 11 (22 deaths).
In Otter Tail County as of May 11, there were 50 active cases, a decrease of 15 active cases since Friday, with 5,679 cases no longer contagious, according to Otter Tail County Public Health.
In Becker County as of May 12, there were 54 active cases, an increase of 3 active cases since Tuesday, with 3,739 cases no longer contagious, according to Becker County Public Health.
In Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) as of May 12, there were 131 active COVID-19 cases, an increase of 9 active cases since Tuesday, according to the North Dakota Health Department. There have been 24,476 cases reported in Cass County since the pandemic began, including 208 deaths.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.