Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, as of Thursday, Oct. 22.
- Becker: 518, up 11 cases since Oct. 21 (3 deaths)
- Clay (Moorhead): 2,093, up 20 cases since Oct. 21 (43 deaths).
- Clearwater: 88, up 4 cases since Oct. 21.
- Hubbard: 335, unchanged since Oct. 21 (2 deaths)
Mahnomen: 101, unchanged (1 death)
- Norman: 101, up 4 cases since Oct. 21.
- Otter Tail: 789, up 5 cases since Oct. 21 (6 deaths)
- Wadena: 201, up 3 cases since Oct. 21. (2 deaths)
In Otter Tail County, as of Oct. 22, there were 141 active cases, the rest no longer require isolation, according to the county.
In Becker County, as of Oct. 22 there were 87 active cases, the rest no longer require isolation, according to the Becker County Public Health website.
In Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) as of Oct. 22 there were 1,429 active cases, with 280 new active cases reported Oct. 22, according to the North Dakota Health Department. There have been 8,207 cases reported in Cass County since the pandemic began.
Deaths in North Dakota more than doubled in September to 116, and have surpassed that this month -- with 161 deaths as of Oct. 22. The covid hot spots in North Dakota are Cass (Fargo) and Burleigh (Bismarck) counties.
Four congregate care facilities in Becker County are currently on the state list for a COVID-19 exposure: the nursing home at Ecumen Detroit Lakes, Frazee Care Center, Ecumen Detroit Lakes Cottage, Essentia Health Oak Crossing in Detroit Lakes.
There are six congregate care facilities in Otter Tail County currently reporting a COVID-19 exposure: Perham Living in Perham, St. Williams Living Center in Parkers Prairie, LB Broen Home and PioneerCare Center, both in Fergus Falls, and Riverfront on Main and Pelican Valley Health Center, both in Pelican Rapids.
One care facility is now listed in Hubbard County: Heritage Living Center.
In Clay County, seven facilities are on the list: Moorhead Rehab and HCC, Farmstead Care, Eventide Fairmont, Eventide The Linden, River Pointe, Eventide Nursing Home and Arbor Park Living Center in Moorhead.
Two care facility are listed in Wadena County: Fair Oaks Lodge in Wadena, and the Green Pine Acres Nursing Home in Menahga.
Two care facilities are now listed in Norman County: Benedictine Living Community of Ada, and Halstad Living Center in Halstad.
These area schools reported five or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 in students or staff who were in the building while infectious during a two-week reporting period: Roosevelt Elementary in Detroit Lakes, Parkers Prairie Secondary, Horizon Middle School in Moorhead, Breckenridge High School, and Barnesville Secondary School.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.