Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, as of Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- Becker: 251, according to Becker County Public Health, up 11 cases since Sept. 18 (2 deaths)
- Clay (Moorhead): 1,281, up 19 cases since Sept. 21 (40 deaths).
- Clearwater: 26, unchanged.
- Hubbard: 83, up 1 case since Sept. 21. (one death)
- Mahnomen: 46, up 1 case since Sept. 21 (one death)
- Norman: 52, up 1 case since Sept. 21.
- Otter Tail: 401, up 2 cases since Sept. 21 (4 deaths)
- Wadena: 67, up 2 cases since Sept. 21.
In Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) as of Sept. 22, there were 515 active cases, with 36 new active cases reported Sept. 22, according to the North Dakota Health Department.
In Otter Tail County, as of Sept. 22, there were 53 active cases, the rest no longer require isolation, according to the county.
In Becker County, as of Sept. 22 there were 23 active cases, the rest no longer require isolation, according to the Becker County Public Health website.
One congregate care facility in Becker County is currently on the state list for a COVID-19 exposure: Essentia Health Oak Crossing in Detroit Lakes.
There are three congregate care facilities in Otter Tail County currently reporting a COVID-19 exposure: The Mill Street Residence, PioneerCare Center, and Pioneer Pointe senior living apartments, all in Fergus Falls.
One care facility is now listed in Hubbard County: Heritage Living Center.
One care facility is listed in Wadena County: Lakewood Health System Care Center in Staples.
In Clay County, two facilities are on the list: Eventide Nursing Home in Moorhead and Serenity Assisted Living in Dilworth.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.