Following are the total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, as of Thursday, Aug. 13.
- Becker: 162, up 1 case since Aug. 12 (one death)
- Clay (Moorhead): 794, up 2 cases (40 deaths)
- Clearwater: 14, unchanged.
- Hubbard: 36, up 1
- Mahnomen: 28, up 1 case (one death)
- Norman: 40, unchanged
- Otter Tail: 204, up 6 since Aug. 12 (4 deaths)
- Wadena: 28, up 1 case
When case numbers go down, it's because the state determined that those people don't live in that county.
There are three congregate care facilities in Becker County currently reporting a COVID-19 exposure at the facility: Pelican Landing, Essentia Health Oak Crossing, and The Cottages at Ecumen. All are in Detroit Lakes.
Of the 204 cases in Otter Tail County, 185 no longer require isolation, according to the county. This number is an estimate based on 10 days from positive test date, according to the county.
In Becker County, as of Aug. 10 there were about 15 active cases, the rest no longer require isolation, according to Becker County Public Health.
A fourth death has been reported in Otter Tail County. According to Otter Tail County Public Health Director Jody Lien, the second person to die of COVID-19 in Otter Tail County was in their 90's.
The first death in Becker County was reported Tuesday, July 28 and involves a person in their 80's.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.