Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, as of Friday, Oct. 30.
- Becker: 668, up 41 cases since Oct. 29 (4 deaths).
- Clay (Moorhead): 2,591, up 62 cases since Oct. 29 (45 deaths).
- Clearwater: 143, up 5 cases since Oct. 29 (1 death)
- Hubbard: 469, up 35 cases since Oct. 29 (5 deaths)
Mahnomen: 134, up 5 cases since Oct. 29. (2 deaths)
- Norman: 141, up 7 cases since Oct. 29.
- Otter Tail: 980, up 29 cases since Oct. 29 (8 deaths)
- Wadena: 274, up 10 cases since Oct. 29 (3 deaths)
In Otter Tail County, as of Oct. 30, there were 148 active cases, the rest no longer require isolation, according to the county.
In Becker County, as of Oct. 30 there were 136 active cases, the rest no longer require isolation, according to the Becker County Public Health website. The most recent deaths involve a man in his 70s and a man in his 80s, according to Becker County Public Health.
In Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) as of Oct. 30 there were 1,149 active cases, with 177 new active cases reported Oct. 30, according to the North Dakota Health Department. There have been 9,510 cases reported in Cass County since the pandemic began.
Deaths in North Dakota more than doubled in September to 123, and have far surpassed that this month -- with 241 deaths as of Oct. 30. The covid hot spots in North Dakota are Cass (Fargo) and Burleigh (Bismarck) counties.
Three congregate care facilities in Becker County are currently on the state list for a COVID-19 exposure: the nursing home at Ecumen Detroit Lakes, Frazee Care Center and, Essentia Health Oak Crossing in Detroit Lakes.
There are six congregate care facilities in Otter Tail County currently reporting a COVID-19 exposure: LB Broen Home in Fergus Falls, Good Samaritan Lakeview Senior Living Apartments in Battle Lake, Good Samaritan Society Battle Lake, Minnesota Veterans Home Fergus Falls, St. Williams Living Center in Parkers Prairie, and Woodland Lodge in Fergus Falls.
One care facility is listed in Hubbard County: Heritage Living Center.
In Clearwater County, two facilities are on the list: Cornerstone Nursing and Rehabilitation and Cornerstone Residence, both in Bagley.
In Clay County, seven facilities are on the list: Valley Care and Rehab in Barnesville, Ecumen Evergreens in Moorhead, Moorhead Rehab and HCC, Farmstead Care in Moorhead, Eventide Fairmont in Moorhead, River Pointe in Moorhead, and Eventide Lutheran Home in Moorhead.
Four care facility are listed in Wadena County: Serenity Living Solutions in Sebeka, The Meadows of Wadena, Fair Oaks Lodge in Wadena, and the Green Pine Acres Nursing Home in Menahga.
Three care facilities are now listed in Norman County: Twin Valley Assisted Living, Benedictine Living Community of Ada, and Halstad Living Center in Halstad.
These area schools reported five or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 in students or staff who were in the building while infectious during a two-week reporting period: Roosevelt Elementary in Detroit Lakes, Parkers Prairie Secondary, Horizon Middle School in Moorhead, Breckenridge High School, and Barnesville Secondary School.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.