Thief River Falls won three of four singles matches and swept doubles in a 6-1 victory over Perham/New York Mills to repeat as Section 8A girls tennis champions Tuesday afternoon at Franklin Middle School in Thief River Falls.
Five of the six Prowler victories came in straight sets.
Perham’s lone win came at No. 3 singles from Mallory Belka. She was a three and one winner over Bell Hamre.
The Prowlers allowed Perham only 10 games out of the other three singles matches.
In doubles, Perham’s Maggie Trites and Katie Johnson traded 7-5 sets with Gabby Steele and Hannah Cleven, the Jackets winning the second to force a deciding pro set won by the Prowlers in a tight race to 10 by two points.
Despite the loss, Perham/New York Mills made its third consecutive trip to the section finals.
Section 8A championship
Thief River Falls 6, Perham 1
1. Emma Fagerstrom (TRF) def. Kiera Radniecki 6-0, 6-1;
2. Brooklyn Broadwell def. Avery Beachy 6-2, 6-2;
3. Mallory Belka (Perham) def. Bell Hamre 6-3, 6-1;
4. Avery Skaar (TRF) def. Jaden Hackel 6-1, 6-4.
1. Brooklyn Brouse/Brooklyn Broadwell (TRF) def. Kendra Morris/LaVonne Lindberg 6-1, 6-0;
2. Gabby Steele/Hannah Cleven (TRF) def. Maggie Trites/Katie Johnson 5-7, 7-5, 10-8;
3. Trista Spears/Avery Malone (TRF) def. Grace Mickelson/Maya Radniecki 6-1, 7-5.